The Venturian website is comprised of various web pages operated by Venturian Group Limited on behalf of itself and each of (a) its group companies and (b) any other company under common or related ownership or control as Venturian Group Limited, including for the avoidance of doubt and without limitation Venturetas Limited, Investortas Limited and Fundertas Limited.
Venturian Group Limited is responsible for the processing of your personal data and is the data controller for all such information.
1. “we,” “us,” “our” or similar term is to Venturian Group Limited and each of (a) its group companies and (b) any other company under common or related ownership or control as Venturian Group Limited, including for the avoidance of doubt and without limitation Venturetas Limited, Investortas Limited and Fundertas Limited; and
2. “you,” “your” or similar terms is a reference to you as a user of this website.
Any personal information you provide to use through this website will be dealt with in accordance with, and pursuant to, the provisions of this policy. Herein we set out and describe the information we may collect from you, the purposes for our collection of this information and how we shall protect the information provided to us by you. By visiting www.venturian.org, you are accepting and consenting to the practices described in this policy.
DATA PROTECTION COMPLIANCE
As data controller, we take all necessary steps to comply with the Data Protection Act 1998 (as amended, restated or re-enacted from time to time) and its relevant subordinate legislation when handling any personal information.
In accordance with the Data Protection Act 1998 we are required to collect information fairly and to let you know how we will use it and whether we will pass the information on to anyone else. When you supply any personal information to us we will meet our legal obligations to you in the way that we deal with that information.
PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
We will collect personal information from you when:
· you submit personal information about yourself to us through the website (or any contact page or email addresses noted on this website); and
· participate in discussion boards or other social media functions on our site.
We may also keep a record of those parts of the website you use frequently and some other technical information (such as your IP address, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system) to enable us to monitor, support, improve and develop our service and to know which parts are of most interest.
By using this website and providing this you consent to our collection of it.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We will use the personal information supplied by you to:
· deliver to you the services and information which you have requested;
· notify you about changes to our service;
· ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer; and
· allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so.
By using this website you consent to our collection and use of this information.
We shall store your email addresses in the same manner as any other personal information.
However, we may use email in response to enquiries you make about our services or service issues and from time to time send you further information on other services which you may be interested in.
If you do not want us to use your personal information in to contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with further information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject to a previous enquiry, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may share your personal information with any member of our group (including without limitation any other company under common or related ownership or control as Venturian Group Limited, including for the avoidance of doubt and without limitation Venturetas Limited, Investortas Limited and Fundertas Limited).
We may share your information with selected third parties including companies to provide some of our services or to provide services to us. Our staff and those working for these third parties have a responsibility to keep your information confidential and are only allowed to use it to offer products and services on our behalf.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
· In the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets.
· We or substantially all of our assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
· If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data in order to comply with any legal obligation or regulatory or legal process, or in order to enforce or apply the terms of our website disclaimer or to protect our rights or property.
We may sometimes transfer data outside of the European Economic Area (“EEA”) for example to companies who provide hosting services to us. Countries in the EEA are required to have a similar standard of protection of personal data. This is not always the case outside that area.
Before we would transfer personal data outside of the EEA we would take those steps that appear reasonable to us to ensure that there is adequate protection, as required by relevant Data Protection legislation.
PROTECTION OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will take reasonable precautions to safeguard your personal data against loss and unauthorised disclosure or access. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own riskWe will only retain your information for a reasonable period or for as long as the law requires.
ACCESSING YOUR INFORMATION
If you want to know the personal information we hold about you, you can obtain it from us. If there are any inaccuracies in this information please contact us straight away by email to email@example.com and we will make the necessary amendments so far as we are legally able to do so.
To obtain a copy of the personal information held, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may work with third parties to research certain usage and activities on our website on our behalf. In the course of conducting this research these third parties may place a “cookie” on your browser.
A cookie is a small file which is sent to your browser and stored on your computer’s hard disc and helps us understand and track your use of the site and where we can improve the information and services provided.
Date: October 2015